Navibaby Privacy and Cookies Policy for iOS and Android Apps and Website
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• the App is a personalised transport assistant and for it to operate effectively it needs to track and store your location, movement and transport use (see 'Your location data' below);
• your preferences, (such as Past Search, My Places, Favourite Stations and Stops, etc, your travel preferences with steps and walking speeds and other travel preferences, but only when you choose to provide us with these) which helps us provide you with more tailored services;
• personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide in the App, including if you register as a user of the App, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the App or request any information;
• in connection with any account sign-in facility we may introduce, your log-in details;
• communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the App or its content;
• information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the App for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
We may offer users the ability to register their own personal account with us, so that their preferences and travel data can be accessed from different devices and where an existing device is lost or stolen. Where you open an account, data collected in relation to you and your use of the App will be linked on our systems with that account.
We work hard to improve the App and add functionality which we think will make it more fun and more useful for our users. New functionality may involve similar or incidental uses of your data to those set out above.
We also, without you having to do anything, will collect the following information:
• details of your visits to the App, the searches you make, the resources you access and any data you download; this may also be tracked and analysed by third parties providing us with analytics services which help us understand how users use the App so we can improve it;
• your IP address and unique identifier we assign to your mobile device and the instance of your application.
Uses made of your information
We will use the information we collect to:
• build a profile of your preferences so we can personalise the App and provide you the relevant information;
• recommend transport options which match your stated preferences and previous use of the App;
• administer your account with us;
• respond to your emails to discuss your use of the App and answer any support queries you may have;
• identify issues with the operation of the App, and provide crash reports in order to find resolution for performance issues;
• improve the design, functionality and/or content of the pages of the App and customise them for users;
• carry out research on our users' transport choices;
• share with social networking sites and third party partner at your request (when this functionality is enabled); and
• disclose to lawful authorities when required to do so by law or where appropriate in our opinion as a responsible company to respond to their request.
Your location data
We are a personalised transport App, and to provide our service we need to process your location. If enabled, this happens each time you open up the App, and if you select the â€œSave/Trackâ€ journey feature. The types of location data that we collect and store are your latitude, longitude, time of travel and compass related data.
We will retain all these kinds of location and location-related data unless and until you ask us to delete it- which you can do by emailing us at email@example.com. If you delete your location data, you agree that Navibaby can keep your location data in aggregated and anonymised form and share it with selected third parties.
You can also choose not to allow us to process your location data at the time you connect to the App, or any time after that either by changing the settings on your mobile device. Please note that if you choose not to allow us to process your location data, we will not be able to provide you with the full benefit of the App.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it. You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet and mobile networks is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the App whilst it is in transit over the internet or mobile networks and any such submission is at your own risk.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the App is sent to and stored on servers located in the United Kingdom, other European Economic Area countries and in the United States. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above, which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (for instance in the United States) and may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area. By submitting information via the App, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
If you are accessing the App from the European Economic Area, you have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding Â£10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
When you visit the App, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of phone or operating system you use and, if you came to the website, the type of internet browser you use and the website from which you have come to the site. Also, depending on whether you access the App on your personal computer or via your mobile device, we will collect your IP address (the unique address which identifies your home computer on the internet) or the installation of the App on your smartphone which are automatically recognised by our servers. You cannot be identified solely from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the App and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about users of the App, and anonymised data on your location, movement and transport choices in order to selected third parties for research analysis product development and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the App, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions, for instance, we offer a cycle route function from Cyclestreets, and they receive your journey details but no personal information.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to the entity or entities running the Navibaby business (or relevant part of it) or third party buyer.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the App or enforce the terms under which you transact with us or enforce the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The App may, from time to time, make public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
The App may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Under 13 year olds
We may send you information we think you may find useful (e.g. tube line and subway disruptions) or which you have requested from us by push notification and/or by email (if provided), and we or the operating system will always give you the option to opt-out of receiving further notifications or emails.
Navibaby Cookies Policy
When you interact with the App, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit our App our server sends a cookie to your computer or mobile device (depending on how you access the site or App). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the site. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your App. These are known as "session cookies". Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the App and will last for longer. These are known as "persistent cookies".
• remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get; customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the site; and
• collect statistical information about how you use the site so that we can improve the site and learn which parts of the website are most popular to visitors.
Some of the cookies used by our App are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. For example, we use Google Analytics to track what users do on the App so we can improve the design and functionality.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the site you may not be able to take full advantage of the App if you do so.
Please submit any questions, concerns or comments you have about this privacy and cookies policy or any requests concerning your personal data by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.